Sina Pakzad Kasra is a concept artist and illustrator working in the film, animation, and video game industry.
He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 'Graphic Design'. While working on animation projects, he decided to continue with his post-graduate studies and earned a master’s degree in 'Animation'.
Studying in this new field sparked his interest in learning about the principles and foundations of filmmaking, which has helped him create more narrative artwork.
His artworks have been featured in prestigious publications such as "Spectrum 25: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art", "Digital Art Masters: Volume 9", and "Prime - The Definitive Digital Art Collection".
Sina is currently working as a full-time senior concept artist at Digic Pictures. Parallel to his career in the entertainment industry, he is pursuing his strong passion for fine arts and is looking forward to future exhibitions to showcase his personal work.
- - -
-Press and Publications (Featured artwork and published articles)
• Spectrum 25: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art - 2018
• CGSociety - A Guide to Crafting Concepts, With Sina Pakzad Kasra - 2017
• 2DArtist Magazine - issue 133 - 2017
• 2DArtist Magazine - issue 124 - 2016
• Beginner's Guide to Digital Painting in Photoshop: Sci-fi and Fantasy - 3DTotal - 2016
• Dystopia - Flame Tree Publishing - 2015
• ImagineFX Magazine - issue 113 - 2014
• Digital Art Masters: Volume 9 - 3DTotal - 2014
• Prime - The Definitive Digital Art Collection - 3DTotal - 2013
• PRIME WARS - 3DTotal - 2013
Collaborating directly with the projects Art Directors to provide the team with keyframe illustrations as well as production concept art pieces. Also, responsible for crafting visual solutions for the various aesthetic, design and narrative considerations, to help accomplish the goals of the products.
Working closely with the Art Director(s) to create and visualize a wide range of subject matters including environments, characters, props, F/Xs, color and lighting compositions. Also, providing keyframe illustrations and visual solutions to support the project's art direction and narrative.
Responsible for establishing the visual look and feel of the project, designing environments, characters, VFXs, and also guiding the art crew for a mobile game project called "The Divine Light". (unfinished project)
Teaching both Figure Drawing and Digital Painting in separate courses.